Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Welcome!

So this is probably the nicest post you are going to read for a few days. No offense, but I can get a bit crabby when quitting. I have started this blog as part of my quitting. I have not thied this before, but it seems like a therapeutic way to express myself, and maybe, just maybe someone else will benefit from my story.

I smoked my last cigarette about 30 minutes ago. I had planned to quit tomorrow, but buying another pack just for the evening seemed excessive. I have gum, and I'm working out in about 2 hours, so that should help take my mind off of things. I have to fill my time with things, so I've decided on:

1. Drawing, assmuming my hands aren't shaking too badly.
2. Myth Busters.
3. Hikaru Dorodango - I need find/make some white ash, but I'll start with fine potting soil.
4. Movies, movies, movies.
5. Running like I'm being chased.

Things I'm not doing (triggers):
1. Drinking more than one beer/drink.
2. Coffee. Switching to Tea, for now.
3. Frequenting places that have smoking inside (Sorry Londoner Addison).


So, in case you haven't noticed, there is an elephant in the room. That elephant is lovingly known as Earl. Earl represents my former smoking habit. Earl is going to get pretty damned tired of seeing my smoke-free life, so I trapped him in this box. I'll probably end up screeching in tongues at Earl here at some point. If I do, I'll video blog it for you. :)

1 comment:

  1. Atta boy, Todd! You can do this. And when you're through, you'll thank yourself for it!

    ReplyDelete